Finding the things in everyday life that make life wonderful...

16 August 2011

Cupcake Road Trip '11 - Day 3: Cake Fetish

Day three was my favorite day of this road trip. It would also be our last as Day 4 saw a cupcake suicide: cupcakes flying across the inside of the car to splatter all over my gear shift, console, and me. That pretty much decided it and we just focused on coming home.  It also meant that we ended with "The best for last".  Cake Fetish cupcakes in Albuquerque, New Mexico. If I lived any closer, I'd be huge because every day has a selection of specials that add to the regular flavors. I want to go back over and over just to try the ones I couldn't try because it was the wrong day.

This was also our most varied day with a total of 6 flavors being sampled.



Look at that filling!
Boston Cream - Mom's favorite cupcake for the trip.  The bavarian cream filling was so good with the chocolate ganache frosting. There was an additional frosting on top though that just confused me.

The cookie in the middle... yum!


Half Baked - This one was not for my mom, who isn't a fan of cookie dough in things.  I loved it however. The frosting, the chocolate chips, the cookie dough wad.... the only complaint I had was that there was just a bit too much frosting which made it messy. I don't want frosting up my nose. :-D
Black Tie Affair - another example of delicious frosting. The cake had a decent chocolate flavor as well. I didn't take too many notes on this one though.


Banana Cream Pie - Dense banana cake that was sadly a bit dry. It had the same filling as the Boston Cream Pie cupcake and had another great frosting to it.

Horrible Picture of this cupcake... sorry!
Velvet Elvis - This was an average red velvet cake but had a great cream cheese frosting.


SOOOO good!!!!!
Berry White - Saving the best for last, this cupcake haunted us for the rest of the trip. We kept commenting on how we wanted another of them... even after we had been back home for a week or so.  A delicious white cake that had a sweet berry filling that just melded so well in terms of flavor.  White chocolate drizzle on top of the frosting just added another layer that was a crunch delight for your tongue. By far the best cupcake of the trip, even if the cake was a little dry. Didn't matter with all the wonderful flavors going on.

So the moral of the story? If you are ever in Albuquerque..... find this cupcakery.... I don't think you'll be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment