Finding the things in everyday life that make life wonderful...

23 August 2011

Baking Adventure: White Chocolate Cupcakes

After the cupcake road trip, I had been wanting to make my own white chocolate cupcakes similar to the Berry White.  After searching the internet, I came across this recipe which used only what my mom had in the house. This recipe, like the banana pudding one, uses a box mix and pudding mix.  This I have found makes for very moist and flavorful cupcakes.  This also required melted white chocolate, but a mishap with me and melting chocolate (it doesn't go well right now) resulted in me not being able to use it (I also learned just how horrible burned white chocolate smells...). I'm sure if I made these again with the melted white chocolate, the flavor would be a bit stronger.
Even naked these were amazing!

Even still, these cupcakes were wonderful. I frosted them with premade tub milk chocolate frosting and my mom topped them with strawberries.  Before we topped them, however, we tried one bare and the cake was so moist and wonderful I would have been happy to eat them all that way.  They were still moist the next day too, having been left out over night.  This is another wonderful recipe that, with some more practice and maybe some berry filling will be a recipe I'll come back to over and over! Not sure I would use a milk chocolate frosting though... maybe a white chocolate buttercream?

No comments:

Post a Comment