Finding the things in everyday life that make life wonderful...

16 August 2011

Baking Adventures - Vanilla Cupcakes for Two

When the Amazing Sam came into town on her way to Austin, she had mentioned wanting to make cupcakes. As she was only going to be in town for the night, a whole batch of cupcakes was just too much - especially as she doesn't eat a lot of sweets and would end up leaving most of there here with me. When I came across a recipe for "Vanilla Cupcakes for Two", I knew these would be perfect.



The day arrive and we set about making them before bed.  They were very simple to make, requiring a single bowl to make. Four cupcakes were created... the verdict??  According to her (a true Vanilla Aficionado), the small bite she had was "moist and very vanilla-y".  I tried them the next day with frosting (from a can...) and they were very dense. While this is something I like, it isn't for everyone. Had a fair amount of vanilla flavor, but I would expect that with the amount you put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment