Finding the things in everyday life that make life wonderful...

08 September 2011

Baking Adventures - Blackberry Cupcakes and Banana Pudding (again!)

Mimi had a church social to go to this weekend and, this being the South, she needed to bring something for it.... so what is better than cupcakes! I volunteered and decided to make the banana pudding cupcakes again. I was all ready to go and then it happened. I found a recipe for Blackberry Cupcakes and I  knew I had to make those too.  Mom agreed, especially when I suggested a white chocolate butter cream.  We had leftover almond butter cream in the fridge, so she suggested we mix in white chocolate since we don't need butter cream just laying around - too much temptation.  After some struggling with the blackberry puree (first time making it..... go easy on me), in they went and I started on the banana pudding. I mean, seriously.... you can never have too many cupcakes, can you?




 So the results?? A mixed bag. The banana pudding cupcakes were again, divine. This time I was able to add the vanilla into the cake, but I can't really say I tasted a difference, so I may just continue to leave it out. Frosting them was easier too, since I made it the night before sans milk, then added some milk in the next day before I frosted to bring it back up to the right consistency. Then into a bag and away I piped!




 The blackberry cupcakes, however, were not as great. There wasn't a lot of flavor involved in terms of blackberry and the frosting?? It was grainy and just unappealing. Really should have made fresh butter cream, but eh... live and learn. Now I know. Need a better recipe though. The one I have just doesn't cut it. E-Rob came over and had some with me and said she liked both, though she too preferred the banana pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment