Finding the things in everyday life that make life wonderful...

31 May 2011

Baking Adventure: Banana Pudding Cupcake

I am not a fan of public speaking, so presenting my thesis wasn't something I was looking forward to. Fortunately, it was only infront of my thesis committee and my classmates, but it was still stressing me out.  When I stress, I bake and I figured bringing in cupcakes would help to distract my audience while I presented.  When I found this recipe, I just had to try it out and this was the perfect time!

I had to make a few adjustments to the recipe, namely not using vanilla flavoring as I didn't have any available. I also used french vanilla pudding for the frosting instead of plain vanilla which I think changed the flavor some. It was a really simple recipe to make, just takes a bit of time. Also, because of the layering and this being the first time I tried a recipe like this, the first batch of cupcakes were HUGE. After that, my roommate and I figured out how much to put and the rest were more manageable, but considering how they turned out, the large cupcakes weren't a problem.

Blurry inside shot to show the layers
These cupcakes were wonderful.  For a southern girl, they were a bit of home with this amazing flavor that just smacked of banana pudding. The bananas were a little brown the next day despite being in the fridge, but that didn't detract from the flavor.  The frosting according to CT (my roommate and kitchen assistant) tasted like cake batter and was good enough to eat straight from the bowl.  Everyone who tried one said that they were delicious, so I'm assuming that they were a hit.  They were also successful in helping to provide a bit of distraction so I could present with a little more comfort. I will so be making these again now that I'm back in the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment