Finding the things in everyday life that make life wonderful...

21 November 2010

Folding Papers

One of the things that I have wanted to do since I moved to the Bay Area is learn to fold a paper dragon.  One of the many friends I've made here, Than, had a few in his room and when I saw them I just fell in love with the idea.  He agreed to teach me one day and today was the day.  At the same time, my new roommate, SK offered to teach me to fold a rose.
 


This is the rose I folded.  Was so easy up until it came time to curl it in and do the outer petals... then I got soooo confused.  If I decide to do more origami, I will be starting with some of those "beginner" patterns rather than something complicated like these.


Better look at my dragon. Was so frustrating learning the folds that this takes. Definitely was out of my element, but in the end, I'm pleased that I made him.  I want to make another soon using slightly larger paper or something to see if that helps...
 

This little guy I did not make.  Than has been tweaking his dragon to make ones that fly, stand on two hind legs, and (as is the case with this tiny little guy) sleep.  Note: head is on the left... took me FOREVER to figure that out... hehehehe.
Was fun to learn and to spend time with friends, but I was seriously stressed while doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment